10 AM - 7 PM SUNDAY-THURSDAY, Tel: 058-794-9099
2 (10 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup coarsely ground almonds, or almond flour
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried, crushed
½ tsp – 1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
8 tsp olive oil, divided
Orange Balsamic Sauce Ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup diced shallot
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 very ripe avocados (I used Hass avocados)
⅓ cup or 4 oz or 113 gr raw organic honey, silan, or maple syrup (OR) ½ cup dates, pitted
⅓ cup or 1.4 oz or 40 gr cocoa powder
3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon ground chia seeds (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and silky. You might need to stop the blender and mix with a spoon to make the blending easier.
Divide pudding among cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (this allows the chia to thicken).
Sprinkle with chopped almonds, walnuts, or any other decorative garnish
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large leeks white and light green parts only, cleaned and thinly sliced
3 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
4 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/8-inch half-moons
1-1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1 pinch chili flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and leeks over medium heat and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until soft.
2. Add the garlic, zucchini, salt, chili flakes, and remaining seasonings, cover the pan, and steam over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender.
3. Transfer the mixture to a high-powered blender with 2 cups of water and blend until very smooth. Taste for seasoning and serve hot or cold.
10 AM - 8 PM SUNDAY-THURSDAY, Tel: 058-794-9099
1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
2/3 cup almond flour
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 200F or 94C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump. Using a one inch cookie scoop, pack the mixture into the scoop and place cookie on cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies inside for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
1 large cod filet (mine was 1¼ lbs), cut into large chunks
2 tbsp capers (optional, add great flavor)
¼ cup large olives, halved
1 small onion, sliced thin
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1 small tomato, chopped
⅓ cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. On the bottom on a baking dish arrange onion and garlic slices. Top with capers, olives and tomato. Season with a little salt. Season cod generously with salt and pepper. Arrange on top on the capers and olives. Pour in white wine, add red pepper flakes, drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil. Bake for 25-30 min until the liquid is bubbling and the fish is cooked through.
Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and enjoy!
HOLISITIC NUTRITION COUNSELING
Instructions for the Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil the baking pan and set aside.
2. Cut through thickness of each chicken breast (as if butterflying - but rather cutting entirely through) to create to two portions (if each portion isn't about 1/2-inch thick then pound with a meat mallet until nearly that thickness).
3. Combine the crushed almonds or almond flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. Coat each chicken breast with almond breading. I like to brush oil on each side of the chicken fillet and sprinkle crumbs on each side.
4. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Transfer two chicken breasts to pan, and cook until golden brown on bottom about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Then lift chicken breasts and add 2 more tsp of oil, then rotate chicken to opposite side and cook until bottom is golden brown. Repeat process with remaining two chicken breasts. Transfer chicken to prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven until chicken has cooked through, about 10 - 15 minutes (internal temp should register 165 degrees on a thermometer). Meanwhile prepared Orange Balsamic Sauce.
Instructions for the Sauce
In a small saucepan heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add fresh orange juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 - 6 minutes.
Drizzle sauce warm over chicken when serving.